Monday, June 17, 2024

Father's Day 2024

 Nothing I can do will be enough to express my gratitude to Yossi on this year's father's day.

I know this will sound anti-feminist, but I think we've reached a point where fathers are the ones carrying the whole load again. Like we've come full circle. I know this isn't true for everyone, but in my marriage *he* does most of the work.

Full time job (gets paid more than me), and also home with the kids. Pick-up, drop-off, dinner, bath time, bedtime, going to the park. Cooking meals (he's a better cook than me), washing dishes, taking out the garbage. Calling the carpenter, setting the smart-home apps, calling the contractor, ordering furniture. And not to mention war. Going off to fight in a fucking war, bullets, missiles, watching people get injured, trauma, all around horrific experiences. Risking his life because he's a soldier and that's what you do.

Other fathers are great I'm sure, but no one else comes close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home