Sunday, February 11, 2024

New Years Resolutions

 So Hamas fired rockets at midnight on New Years. What's their goal? Most of the rockets don't kill or injure anyone, just scare the hell out of everybody and create all sorts of fun PTSD. It's sick.

Anyway I had this crazy idea to make goals for myself for the new year, maybe if I list them here I can focus on getting them done. Because these past few months have made me rethink a lot of what I want from life. My priorities have shifted I guess? Like, my job isn't interesting, that's for sure, and I don't really care because an interesting job really isn't important when you're at war. But also there are truly important things I could be doing with my time, so maybe I should try to do those?

* Diversity: I should work on creating diversity in the workplace and in the army. That would really benefit Israeli society. Women and men, a variety of races, ages, religious views. It's so important.

* Programming: this goal is more personal. I just really need to properly learn C++.

* Sex education: I'm convinced that better sex education would make the world a better place all around. By sex-ed I mean everything from how fertility works, sex and pleasure, contraception, biology in general, sexual orientation, gender identity, consent, relationships and how to recognize red flags in a partner or in yourself. It's not just a lecture you give to teenagers, right? It's a full class that starts in elementry school and goes all throughout high school. I know that conservative societies will have a hard time with it, so the content can be made to fit whatever the society is willing to accept - as long as the information taught is true. For instance, there's no reason that girls shouldn't be taught the basics of fertility awareness even in the most traditional communities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home